Healing all your Bodies
I was about 20 when, to please an older up-and-coming playwright boyfriend, I went with him to see a Hawaiian Kahuna, a medicine man. I was surprised that the large venue was packed. I was also surprised that I just couldn’t tear my eyes away from the Kahuna. And that his voice seemed to boom from multiple megaphones all at once throughout the auditorium.
But the most mind-blowing thing was yet to come. As we mingled after the talk, I glimpsed a little boy about 8 making his way through the crowd. I could tell that he was regarded as special the way participants pointed and talked of him in hushed tones. “He sees auras,” they whispered. The little boy, who couldn’t have been much taller than my waist, came right up to me, tugged on the hem of my jacket, and said, “Your aura is blue-purple. You’re a healer.”
This was the first time anyone had said anything remotely like that to me. I had no idea what an aura was at that time. So this chance meeting with this gifted little boy was my abrupt first introduction to the concept of energy bodies.
We now understand, thanks to Albert Einstein, that the molecules we once thought solid are made up of “particles” that are actually vibrations. So our bodies are actually bundles of vibrating energies, and a great deal less solid than we originally thought. We’re now making big leaps in the field of quantum physics too, which has as one of its key principles of that our thoughts determine our reality.
So, maybe our thoughts, emotions, beliefs, and intentions can influence these “vibrating energies” for intended outcomes. Perhaps we do have “subtle bodies” made up of energy patterns around our physical bodies. Energy bodies that act as templates for the growth and development of our physical bodies. These subtle bodies are much less dense than our physical one, and therefore are much more likely to be affected by the energy forms we call emotions and thoughts.
Some believe that the human body consists of five layers of energy. Others think that we have many more. The first layer is your physical body. The outer four layers of energy are then commonly referred to as your aura, the thing my long-ago little friend. was talking about. Collectively, these five layers or “energy bodies” make up the human energy field. They are:
- The Physical Energy Body – The first layer is our physical energy body. This is the layer that we generally think of as our actual selves. Even though this is the densest of all, our physical bodies are also pulsating energy. So it is the same as the other layers of the body that most people can’t sense on a physical level.
- The Etheric Energy Body – The second etheric layer of our energy body is the blueprint or holograph of the physical body, and is mainly what energy healers like myself influence to promote healing. Imbalance in this, the closest energy field to the physical, may cause sickness and other forms of unwellness.
- The Emotional Energy Body – The emotional layer of our energy body is the third layer, and the receptacle for our feelings. It is here where both our fears and joys reside. This layer can be quite volatile when we are experiencing extreme high or low emotions.
- The Mental Energy Body – It is in the mental layer where our ideas are housed. Belief systems are also stored here. This is where our thoughts are assimilated and sorted out. In this layer our personal truths, or rather, our perceptions based upon our experiences are housed.
- The Spiritual Energy Body – The spiritual layer of the human energy field is the final layer. It has been said to be the place where our “consciousness” or “higher awareness” resides.
It is thought that energy flows in and out of all of these bodies. So healing can start at any part of the system, from spirit to structure, but it needs to penetrate all the layers in order to be permanent. The denser the energy form, the longer it takes to change negative patterns, so it may take a long time for the physical body to show the effects of, say, changing your mind or enlightening your spirit.
I had the privilege of witnessing such a healing firsthand when I was working in a cancer clinic. One day, in walked a patient, her bald head swathed in a bandanna. And a death-sentence diagnosis of breast cancer that had spread to several vital organs to boot. She asked me to help her lose weight because her husband desired it. And talked her of family who, even in her fragile state, wanted her to fetch and go and do for them.
I just got angry. I told her that her very life hung in the balance, and she needed to go home and tell her family that, from this day forward, she was going to take care of herself, not them. Knowing that change is possible but problematic, especially with her heavy burden, I didn’t hold out much hope for a positive outcome.
A couple of months passed. And in waltzed my patient with a full head of hair. And, amazingly, cancer-free! She told me she had taken my advice, gone home, and literally told her family all to go to hell. And that she was taking care of herself from that day onward.
Did a profound change in her subtle bodies cause my patient to go into remission? It certainly felt that way. She had abruptly halted everything that was sapping her energy which perhaps started her upon a healing path. It was the most intense example of energetic cause and effect that I had ever personally seen.
Why am I telling you all this? Well, guided imagery as well as the techniques I’m going to share with you in the next few weeks are all based upon this concept. So get ready to explore your energy bodies next week with Emotional Freedom Technique. .
Leave Your Comments About Poking Through Clouds to See the Light Part Five Below
What do you think of the idea of energy bodies? Do you think you can change your physical body by changing your mind? Do you believe that you have to heal more than your physical body to be truly well?